Sunday, May 27, 2018

Jane Reviews: Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations by V. Joy Palmer

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: WhiteFire Publishing
Released: June 15, 2016
300 pages
About the Book:
Isabel “Izze” Vez, bridal consultant extraordinaire, has been helping brides find The Dress for years. She loves nothing more than helping make wedding dreams come true…but sometimes the happy endings grate on her. How many times can a girl discover someone else’s gown without dreaming of the day it’ll be her turn to wear one?

When James Miles Clayton walks into her life, he represents everything Izze can’t handle: change. He’s determined to bring the Ever After Bridal Boutique into the black…and to prove to Izze that she should give him a chance.

But if there’s anything Izze handles worse than change, it’s trust. She may have a few issues—fine, she knows she does. But will they keep getting in the way of any chance of her own Happily Ever After? She wants to trust God to give her those dreams of love and lace, but that’s going to require some…minor alterations. 
 
                                       V. Joy Palmer's Website
 
Love Lace and Minor Alterations Quote 1

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟    (3 stars)

This story is told mainly in first person through Izze but at times switches to third person to give Miles’ POV. I enjoyed the combo of these two perspectives.

Izze was a character I loved at times but was annoyed with at other times. Her sarcasm and humor would make me laugh, but her stubbornness and unwillingness to listen frustrated me. However her willingness to right her wrongs did endear her to me.

Miles was attracted to Izze from the first moment he first sees her and when he realizes that she wants to avoid him he comes up with a creative plan to get Izze to spend time with him. This plan works and before long Izze looks forward to spending time with Miles. But just when things are going smoothly something happens that causes friction and becomes a huge wedge between them.

There were times that I did wonder what Miles saw in Izze, the things she said to him and the fact that she would not share about herself frustrated me. She was very dramatic and at times I felt like she acted immature for her age. Listening to those around her instead of running would have saved her so much heartache, but it is through this heartache that she grows in her relationship with God and realizes what has been holding her back in life. Miles also grows in his relationship with God. Once these two open themselves to following God’s plan things improve so much for them. I especially enjoyed the ending.

I was happy that I actually understood the multiple pop culture references. This story felt like a combo of the two tv shows Say Yes to the Dress and Gilmore Girls, if you enjoy either show (or both) I think you will find this to be an enjoyable read.

 Love Lace and Minor Alterations Quote 2

 (I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment