Sunday, June 25, 2023

Review: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

Genre: Classic
Publisher: Tundra Books 
Released: 1926
273 pages
About the Book:

At twenty-nine, Valancy has never been in love, and it seems romance has passed her by. Living with her overbearing mother and meddlesome aunt, she finds her only consolations in the "forbidden" books of John Foster and her daydreams of the Blue Castle. Then a letter arrives from Dr. Trent--and Valancy decides to throw caution to the winds. For the first time in her life Valancy does and says exactly what she wants. Soon she discovers a surprising new world, full of love and adventures far beyond her most secret dreams.







  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


It is a slow start, but once I got into it I was hooked. We are following Valancy, she is a young woman of marrying age but had not received a suitor yet and her family (her mom and aunt) are kind of controlling of her. She receives some news and because of that news she deicdes she isn’t living like this anymore and is going to do what she wants and nobody is going stop her. There are some really funny scenes that had me laughing out loud and made me want to share it with those around me. As I got further and further into the book and really got to know the characters, especially Valancy, my enjoyment of the story grew. I enjoyed this read and was pleasantly surprised with the direction it went. I loved the ending!

Favourite Quote: 
“If you can sit in silence with a person for half an hour and yet be entirely comfortable you and that person can be friends. If you cannot, friends you'll never be and you need not waste time in trying.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment