Monday, September 12, 2022

Review: Fatal Forensic Investigation by Darlene L. Turner

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Love Inspired
Released: June 28, 2022
224 pages

About the Book:

Remembering a serial killer’s face…
could be deadly

While interviewing the Coastline Strangler’s only surviving victim, forensic artist Scarlet Wells is attacked and left with amnesia. Now she’s his next mark and has no choice but to work with constable Jace Allen to unlock the criminal’s true identity trapped in her mind. Will they be able to recover the hidden memory and hunt down the killer before he strikes again?







  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


Scarlet is a forensic artist who has been brought in to sketch a picture of a serial killer based on a witness description. During the interview Scarlet and the witness are attacked and Scarlet receives a head injury which causes her to lose her memory. However the killer does not know that Scarlet is dealing with amnesia and has no memory of seeing them, so the killer set their sights on getting rid of Scarlet so she cannot identify them. How scary for Scarlett knowing someone is after her but having no idea what that person looks like. This story is action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat. So much happens and so many innocent people die. I quickly became invested in the plot and the characters. I enjoyed the way it progressed and keep me suspicious of everyone. I enjoyed following along with the police trying to figure out how it seemed the killer was always one step ahead of them. I had suspicions of who was responsible but I ended up being surprised by the final reveal. The suspense and the case took centre stage for the story with the budding romance in the background. Highly recommend.

(I borrowed a copy of this book from a friend; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment