Thursday, July 7, 2022

Review: I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp

Genre: Memoir 
Publisher: Thomas Nelson 
Released: Feb. 18, 2020 
238 pages
About the Book:

When Jeremy Camp lost his beloved wife, Melissa, just months after their wedding, the last thing he wanted to do was sing praise to God. But even as he struggled through unimaginable grief and fought to hold on to his faith, God had other plans: Pick up your guitar. I have something for you to write.

Jeremy obeyed, pouring out his heart, writing about the hope that God was still there, even in his deepest grief. The song he wrote that day, “I Still Believe,” has gone on to inspire millions around the world. 

This is the story behind that song and the movie that was inspired by it. It’s an inside look at Jeremy’s life—from his difficult childhood and teenage years to the tragic passing of Melissa and the spiritual journey that followed, which inspired some of his best-loved songs and led him, eventually, to find love again. I Still Believe is a powerful heart-wrenching book about the strength of undying love and the power of faith.
  


My Rating & Thoughts:    


My friend loaned me this book to read. I am not a huge music fan and Jeremy Camp isn’t an artist I listen too, other than the song I Still Believe I am unable to name any of his other songs. I had seen the movie so I knew part of the story but the book goes into much more of his life than the movie did. The movie shares a very small portion of his life, revolving around his relationship with Melissa and her passing. Yes those years have a huge impact on his life but the book goes much deeper and shares the years prior to and following the death of his wife. I found it very encouraging to see how Jeremy has leaned on God through it all and how God has shown himself to him. It was interesting to learn how God placed different people in his life to help direct him and help him through the tough times. I found it very inspiring that way. Jeremy really shows that God is with us through it all. I have so much admiration for his current wife, Adrienne. I really want to hear Adrienne’s story from her perspective. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to constantly hear about Jeremy’s first wife but she is very supportive about him sharing Melissa’s story due to the impact it had on her personally and her wanting others to hear it as well. 

Favourite Quote: 
“God's love is perfect. His love has no conditions. No circumstances can change it.

(I borrowed a copy of this book from a friend; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment