Friday, March 23, 2018

First Line Fridays (Week 45): High Cotton


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books.
 
Today's book is: High Cotton by Debby Mayne

High Cotton
First (two) lines:
"When someone mentions family, I think of unconditional love, hearth, home and all things safe and wonderful. That is, until the word "reunion" is added to it."


This is the book I am curently reading. Ms. Mayne had me smiling just after reading the first couple lines that I couldn't wait to read further and see where this story would take me. So far I am enjoying getting to know these characters.

Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!
 

2 comments:

  1. I’m sharing from Mary Connealy’s Now and Forever on my blog today, but here are the first lines of another second in series book with a heroine that loves tending her sheep, Beloved Hope by Tracie Peterson:

    Oregon City, Oregon
    May 1850

    “You can’t be serious.” Hope Flanagan looked at the man who sat opposite her at her sister and brother-in-law’s kitchen table. “You expect me to testify at the Cayuse trial.”

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make my rounds on Friday, so I'm playing catch up today! This sounds like an interesting book, I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete