Sunday, October 15, 2017

One More Song to Sing by Lindsay Harrel

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Ashberry Lane Pub
Released: December 1, 2016
310 pages
About the Book:
More than two decades ago, Olivia Lovett left her old life behind in the red dirt of Oklahoma and forged a career in Nashville as a country music star. Now her voice is failing, forcing her to find a new dream just as the secrets of her past come knocking at the door. Long-time friend Andrew Grant agrees to partner in a new business venture—but would he stick around if he knew her whole story?

After the tragic loss of her father, twenty-one-year-old Ellie Evans headed to Nashville seeking more than just fame. For two years, she’s waitressed, strummed, and sung her way to what may finally be her big break when Olivia offers to sign her to the budding record label. More than anything, Ellie just wants to be seen: by her future fans, by Nick Perry—a fellow musician with a killer smile and kind eyes—and above all else, by the mother who abandoned her. If the spotlight never shines on her, will Ellie ever feel whole?

                                                                Goodreads / Amazon

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟  (4 stars)
  
“Maybe this was the beginning of something good – something life-changing.”

This was a story filled with heartache, loss, regret, forgiveness and learning to overcome the past. Ellie is in Nashville for two reasons, to search for her mom and to pursue her music. These characters captured my heart and had me rooting for things to turn out for them. I connected with Ellie from the beginning and felt for her as the search for her mom seemed to only be leading to dead ends. Will she find answers or peace? Where will Ellie’s music take her? The moments between Ellie and Nick were sweet and put a smile on my face. The secondary characters, Ellie’s roommate Lena and Olivia’s friend Rachel, showed what true friendship looks like, they supported but also challenged their friends. I enjoyed the relationship between Ellie and her grandmother, the insights she provided got you thinking. Olivia frustrated me through most of the story, I did understand why she did what she did so many years ago, but I got more and more frustrated with her when she kept making choices that annoyed me. I know she thought she was doing what was right, but secrets and lies have a way of being found out eventually as she learns. It is better to be honest in the beginning. Through these characters Ms. Harrel does a wonderful job of showing us that with God’s help anything that seems impossible is possible. The description of the setting was so beautifully done that I was able to imagine myself right in the heart of Nashville alongside Ellie. I enjoyed the story and these characters and would pick up future books by her.

“Keep being you ... it’ll be enough.”

(I purchased my copy of this book;  opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment