Friday, June 30, 2017

First Line Friday - Week 8


Happy Friday!

Tomorrow (July 1st) is Canada's 150th birthday so I thought I would celebrate on the blog for the next few Friday's by featuring books set in my home country - Canada. To start we are going be visiting the beautiful Prince Edward Island. Me and my husband went for the first time a few years ago and loved our visit and can't wait to go back again sometime. 

Today's book is: The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson
 

 
"The change in Marie Carrington's pocket wouldn't pay for a ferry ride across the Northumberland Strait to Prince Edward Island, let alone a bus ticket to anywhere else in the world."


If Marie doesn't have enough money to get a ferry to the island, how does she get there and why is is hoping to get there? I just finished reading this book for the second time (getting ready to read book 3 that is releasing soon) and loved it just as much the second time as I did the first time. Keep an eye out for my review to be posted later this month.

Now it's your turn! Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Then join in more First Line fun by visiting these blogs:

8 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!
    My first line is from Rediscovering Americanism by Mark R. Levin: "I often wonder what Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, James Madison, John Adams, George Mason, Benjamin Franklin, and the other Founders would think about today's America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book!
    I borrowed my 9-year old son's current read to share in the comments. This is a super fun mystery book for kids and one that's been read more than once!

    "Voices sounded, but no one was there to hear them."
    Treasure On Spy Glass Hill
    by: Paul B. Ricchuiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! This series is on my wish list!

    PROLOGUE
    The stack of photographs slipped to the floor, splaying across the wood planks like wildflowers over a grassy meadow. - Strand of Deception by Robin Caroll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I'm so glad that you enjoyed The Red Door Inn--even on the second reading! I'm so excited about the release of On Love's Gentle Shore (book 3) next week too! And Canada's birthday! Happy birthday to a lovely country! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely series! I can't wait to read Book 3! :-)

    I have the first line from Over Maya Dead Body on my blog today, but I’m going to share the first line from another great read about to release, Susan May Warren’s “A Matter of Trust”:

    “Gage Watson blamed the trouble on the bright, sunny day.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard a lot about this book and tried to read it and I just couldn't get into it. Happy 4th Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will have to add to this book to my book list. :) Happy Monday and Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete