Friday, June 2, 2017

First Line Friday - Week 4


Happy Friday! Once again this week I am giving you a sneak peek into a book that releases next week (June 6th).  Isn't the cover gorgeous?

Today's book is: Under a Summer Sky by Melody Carlson


"Nicole Anderson had no idea why her mother had slipped into the back of her art classroom this afternoon, but because this seventh period class was half over, Nicole pretended not to notice."

What brings Nicole's mom to the classroom, does she have something up her sleeve?

Now it's your turn! Grab the book nearest to you and leave a comment with the first line. Then join in more First Line fun by visiting these blogs:

7 comments:

  1. Melody Carlson is on my list to read one day. :)

    Here's a non-fiction first line (for a fiction, hop to my blog)
    “Nearly ten years have passed since the close of the civil war in America, and yet no satisfactory history thereof is accessible to the public; nor should any be attempted until the Government has published, and placed within the reach of students, the abundant materials that are buried in the War Department at Washington.” (Memoirs of William T. Sherman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I have one of Melody's books on audio and hope to get to it soon. Happy Friday! My first line is from Finding Love on the Oregon Coast by Angela Ruth Strong, a collection of 4 novella by different authors which will be released July 1st: "Christina gazed out the window at the balcony decorated for her wedding ceremony above the sparkling Columbia River in Portland, Oregon, before turning to face the full-length mirror."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on my blog I’m sharing a line from Lori Benton’s book “A Flight of Arrows”.

    I thought I’d share something different in the comment, an old favorite of mine.
    “From the old and pleasantly situated village of Mayenfeld, a foot-path winds through green and shady meadows to the foot of the mountains, which on this side look down from their stern and lofty heights upon the valley below.” HEIDI by: Johanna Spyri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost never good when that happens! My students can atest to this quite well. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting ready to read this one soon! Now I want to even more. Thanks for sharing. Check out my cozy first line on the blog!

    Cafinated Reads First Line Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read All Summer Long by this author, and it was simply excellent! I have a review of it on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks interesting. I've read a book by this author before and liked it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete