Sunday, February 4, 2018

The Dandelion Field by Kathryn Springer

Series: Banister Falls # 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Zondervan
Released: January 27, 2015
352 pages
About the Book:
This handsome firefighter makes a living coming to the rescue, but Gin doesn't need a man to fight her battles.
 
After Raine’s dad walked out, Ginevieve Lightly  never lived in one place too long, a rambling lifestyle that defined her daughter’s youth. When their car dies in Banister Falls, Wisconsin, Gin promises Raine they can stay until she finishes her senior year of high school. Gin will do anything to make sure her daughter has a bright future . . . a future that’s compromised when Raine reveals she’s pregnant. 
 
Dan Moretti has only ever called Banister Falls home. After losing his best friend in a tragic accident, Dan devoted himself to responding to fires, rescuing the helpless, and guiding Cody Bennett, his best friend's son, through life. With Cody being the epitome of the good kid, it was an easy job. Until he says four little words: “The baby is mine.”
 
Knowing gossip of Raine's pregnancy will erupt sooner or later in the small town, Gin's reflex is to grab the suitcase and escape to a new city, a new life. But with each passing day, Gin's feet stay rooted in Banister Falls, and she falls a little more for this local firefighter who shows her not all men abandon women at the first sign of smoke.
 
As Gin and Dan do the best they can to guide the two teenagers through their early entry into adulthood, they discover together that romance can bloom in the rockiest of situations. And God can turn the pieces of a broken past into a beautiful new beginning.
 
 

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ    (5 stars)  

This book captured my attention right from the beginning. I loved these characters and did not want to put it down. Gin’s witty and sarcastic responses were entertaining and her way of keeping others at bay. Raine and Cody have made a mistake but turn to God for the answer on how to move forward. Their mothers (Gin & Evie) each respond differently to the situation and family friend, Dan, is caught in the middle. I really liked Dan as he put his own needs and wants aside to be there for others. I liked how Dan challenged both ladies and did not pick a side; he showed everyone involved the love of God and provided support. The teenagers, Cody & Raine, set a good example for the adults around them. They are willing to admit the mistake they made and turn to God for guidance. I enjoyed the flashbacks which gave the reader insights into how Cody & Raine’s relationship formed and the relationship that Dan had with Max (Cody’s dad). I did not like Evie at the beginning but she changed over the course of the story and grew on me. I look forward to reading her story, I think Evie and Gin could become really good friends in the future. Two of my favourite scenes were the one at the airport and the one in the tree house. The ending did feel a bit unfinished, I was thinking an epilogue giving readers insight into how the characters were doing down the road, but then I realized there is a book 2 with these same characters. I really enjoyed this story, it’s about flawed people, mistakes made, the power of faith and hope in a future.


(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)


Other Books in the Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment