Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Malicious Intent by Lynn H. Blackburn

Series: Defend & Protect #2
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: March 1, 2022
345 pages
About the Book:

Dr. Ivy Collins, founder and CEO of Hedera, Inc., is ready to begin clinical trials of her company's cutting-edge prosthetic. Her work has been heralded by government, medical, and advocacy groups and everyone hopes the device will be a success. Well, almost everyone. Someone is trying to sabotage Hedera and the launch, but to what purpose--and how far will they go to get what they want?

Meanwhile, U.S. Secret Service Agent Gil Dixon can't believe he's finally been reunited with Ivy, his childhood best friend. Now that he's found her again, Gil intends to spend the rest of his life with her. But it will take all his skill to uncover the truth in time to save Ivy's life's work, her own life, and the innocent lives caught in the crossfire.




My Rating & Thoughts:    

Childhood sweethearts reconnect, even after 15 years the feelings are still there. Ivy is being attacked when Gil and his partner arrive to question her about an incident. The reunion isn't the moment that either imagined, but it puts them together and Gil's protective instincts are immediately on high alert. I was invested in stopping whoever was after Ivy and questioning who could be responsible. The group of characters keep me absorbed in this story. Their friendship, the support of one another and fun teasing/banter between made me love this group and I was happy to once again see characters from her Dive Team series. I did feel like there were a few loose ends not tied up as nicely and I might of liked, but that did not take away from my enjoyment of the story.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment