Sunday, December 17, 2023

Review: Love on Ice by Carolyn Miller

Series: Original Six Hockey Romance #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Released: January 1, 2022
404 pages
About the Book:

She’s focused on winning gold. He wants to lose the player tag. Can a fake relationship become something real?

Aussie short track skater Holly Travers has one goal - make the Vancouver Games, no matter what it takes. She has no time for distractions, even if they come in the handsome form of her best friend’s twin brother. This hockey player may say he’s not a player, but can she trust him?
Brent Karlsson has one goal - make his sister’s best friend realise he’s a changed man and she should give him a chance. When a set-up in Hawaii helps these two opposites realize they have more in common than they thought, what happens when he wants to turn their fake relationship into something real? And how can a relationship work when these two elite athletes never see each other and live on opposite sides of the world?



My Rating & Thoughts:    


Enjoyable love story between two elite athletes. A hockey player and a speed skater both with the goal of representing their respective countries at the Vancouver Olympics. I love watching both of these sports and really enjoy the winter Olympics. The speed skating scenes make me feel like I was right there with Holly and felt intense. I found the build up at the beginning a bit slow, but it picked up and once the Olympics happened I was fully invested in the characters. I enjoyed seeing the change in Brent from book one and how he pursued Holly and tried to live for God. It was nice to see Bree and Mike again, I enjoyed catching up with them.

Favourite Quote: 
“I'm saying one day I want us to live in the same city, live in the same house, share the same last name.”
(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment