Friday, December 22, 2017

First Line Fridays - Week 33


Happy Friday!!!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books.
 
Today's book is: Chasing Christmas by Shanna Hatfield

Chasing Christmas

First line is:
"Heck, no! Are you insane?"


This season I have been reading through Shanna Hatfield's Rodeo Romance series and today my review for this book, (which is number 5 of the series), is up on the blog. Ms. Hatfield's books always entertain me and this one was no exception. The first line hooked me right away and I had to keep reading to find out what was going on. My full review can be found here.


Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!
 
Hoarding-Books-Icon_thumb_thumb_thum

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    I like your first line today. Made me chuckle!!

    Today on my blog I am featuring Desert Duet by Debra Marvin. I’m just beginning chapter 3, so I will leave the first line from that chapter.

    “The new gray fedora, with its crisp, black grosgrain band, would be a stylish, but dismal failure at preventing sunburn.”

    I’m really enjoying this story! Happy Friday. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...brilliant first line! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanna writes some great books!

    My first line comes from Deborah Raney’s Circle of Blessings:

    Dakota Territory, 1864

    It was almost closing time, and in all of his seventeen years, James Collingwood could not remember being so bone-weary as he felt tonight.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect asking someone if they are insane rarely leads to an honest answer ... but it's a great first line!

    I'm sharing from All is Bright by Andrea Grigg over on my blog, a wonderful novella set in Australia ... which means a summer Christmas (FYI, that's normal for me. Not so normal for most of you, or for my Icelandic pastor and his family.)

    I'm currently reading A Sweethaven Christmas by Courtney Walsh, an new favourite author. Here's the first line:

    "Why is that woman staring over here?" Lila shifted in the tall-backed linen-covered chair and nodded towards a blonde woman at the bar.

    I suspect this is going to be more than a Christmas story ...

    Blessings as you celebrate the birth of our Saviour this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got this book, will have to crack it open soon.

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a really sweet novel! The book I’m featuring on my blog is A Match of Sorts by Lucette Nel. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete