Friday, July 28, 2017

First Line Friday - Week 12

 
Happy Friday!!!

It's the last Friday of July, which means this is the last week of our set in Canada theme. (Which has come at just the right time because I've run out of 'recently read' books that go with this theme.) Please let me know if you have any books that fit this theme that you can recommend to me. Today's book is also written by a Canadian author.

Today's book is: Fatal Freeze by Michelle Karl


"Lexie Reilly gave her car a final once-over, satisfied that she hadn't forgotten anything for the sixteen-hour overnight ferry crossing to Newfoundland."

Sixteen hours on the boat with possible killers on board, what will happen - hint - alot! I read this book a couple years ago and made a note to keep an eye out for future works by this author, but I am ashamed to say that I haven't yet read any other books by her. I need to get on that soon.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the welcome!

    I love your first line - although in real life, saying "satisfied that she hadn't forgotten anything" practically guarantees I have. Especially on a trip to the grocery store.

    I've share one first line on my blog. But I'm currently reading A Name Unknown by Roseanna M White, and here's the first line:

    "Rosemary Gresham may have been a thief, but she was a thief who preferred to work in broad daylight."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about when one is sure you haven't forgotten anything you probably have.

      Delete
  2. August 1912
    LOCHABER, HIGHLANDS, SCOTLAND

    She could have been more than she was.

    The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna White

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing first line! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that first line is quite gripping! I need to read this!

    My first line is from To The Farthest Shores by Elizabeth Camden.

    “U.S. Army Base At The Presidio
    San Francisco, 1898

    Jenny Bennett woke as pebbles clattered against the window.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. New author to me!
    Happy Friday! My first line (actually first 3 lines) is from His Secret Alaskan Heiress by Belle Calhoune:
    " 'Here it is. Fresh out of the oven. One reindeer pizza with feta and spinach,' Sophie announced in a chirpy voice as she set the order down in the middle of the table."

    ReplyDelete