Monday, April 24, 2017

Then Came You by Becky Wade

Released: March 7, 2017
158 pages
Series: Bradford Sisters Romance # 0.5

About the Book:
 
A leather-bound journal. A single father. A woman in pursuit of freedom. Garner Bradford, heir to the troubled Bradford Shipping empire, doesn't know much about babies. But he's going to have to learn fast because he's just become a single father to his newborn daughter. As he confesses through his journal entries, he's not entirely sure how to keep a newborn alive, whether or not he'll ever patch together his shattered heart, or how to forgive himself for his mistakes. Career girl Kathleen Burke is wholly uninterested in settling down. She has big dreams, and none of them include Garner and his small hometown in Washington State. Yet she can't seem to get her handsome boss out of her head or her heart. There's something extraordinarily tempting about his beautifully sad green eyes. . . . Told through journal entries, phone conversations, and letters, Then Came You is a unique, heart-stirring romance novella by acclaimed author Becky Wade.
 
 My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 (5 stars)   
 
This is the prequel novella to Ms. Wade’s new series the Bradford Sisters with book one releasing very soon (May 2nd).
 
I absolutely loved the unique story-telling style. Story is told completely through journal entries, letters and phone conversations. I was captivated by the characters and felt like I really got to know them by getting inside their head. The beginning shocked me with things that were happening that I did wonder where Ms. Wade was going, but as I got further in I realized she was showing the true nitty gritty details that can happen in life. My heart-strings felt tugged more than once, but the ending was definitely worth it. The letters never sent made me laugh, I could relate to what you want to say to others sometimes but won’t. One of my favourite parts was the grace that the church family showed grace to Graner, this was a wonderful example of how Christian’s should treat one another. This story gives readers a wonderful introduction to the Bradford Sisters, how their life began and what their father has been through. I can’t wait to spend more time with the family and get to know the sisters grownup.
 
The e-book version is currently free on amazon. I highly recommend for you to pick it up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment