Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Saltwater Cowboy by Christy Barritt

Series: Saltwater Cowboys #1
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: River Heights
Released: September 16, 2020
354 pages
About the Book:

When a mysterious woman washes up in Cape Corral, a wild horse sanctuary off North Carolina's coast, law enforcement officer Levi Sutherland is determined to figure out if she's connected with the crimes recently plaguing the island. The problem is, she can't remember anything . . .













My Rating & Thoughts:    


I absolutely loved the setting of this story. An island with wild horses roaming free, yes, please. The story opens with Dani being shot and left for dead. She is found but now has amnesia, can they figure out who shot her and why? Will she regain her memories? The mystery kept me invested and guessing what would happen. I did enjoy meeting the various island residents and was intrigued by the mystery, but I wasn't rooting for the romance. It felt too rushed based on the situation with Dani not having any memories. There were a few side characters that I'd like to spend more time with and see if the romance I suspect will happen or not.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

Random Acts of Fraud (A Holly Anna Paladin Mystery #5)
Random Acts of Outrage (A Holly Anna Paladin Mystery #6)

Edge of Peril (Fog Lake Suspense#1)

Hidden Currents (Lantern Beach Mysteries #1)

Flood Watch (Lantern Beach Mysteries #2)

Storm Surge (Lantern Beach Mysteries #3)

Dangerous Waters (Lantern Beach Mysteries #4)

Perilous Riptide (Lantern Beach Mysteries #5)

Deadly Undertow (Lantern Beach Mysteries #6)

Tides of Deception (Lantern Beach Suspense #1)

Shadow of Intrigue (Lantern Beach Suspense #2)

Storm of Doubt (Lantern Beach Suspense #3)

Clean Getaway (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #13)

Clean Sweep (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #14)

Half Witted (Squeaky Clean In-Between #1)

Ready to Fumble (The Worst Detective Ever #1)

Reign of Error (The Worst Detective Ever #2)

Safety in Blunders (The Worst Detective Ever #3)

Join the Flub (The Worst Detective Ever #4)

Blooper Freak (The Worst Detective Ever #5)

Flaw Abiding Citizen (The Worst Detective Ever #6)

Gaffe Out Loud (The Worst Detective Ever #7)

No comments:

Post a Comment