Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Sea Glass Cottage by Irene Hannon (Review)

Series: Hope Harbor #8
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Revell
Released: April 5, 2022
327 pages

About the Book:

Christi Reece is desperate. The one-time golden girl's life has tarnished, and a cascade of setbacks has left her reeling. She needs help, and she's certain Jack Colby is in a position to provide it.

When she shows up in Hope Harbor, however, Jack wants nothing to do with the woman who betrayed him. He's built a new life on the Oregon coast--and there's no room in it for Christi, even after she takes refuge in a charming but mysterious cottage nearby. Yet it soon becomes apparent his opinion of her may need revising . . . especially when he ends up needing her help.

Can these two hurting souls make peace with their past and open their hearts to a new beginning?

Come home to Hope Harbor--where hearts heal . . . and love blooms.




My Rating & Thoughts:    ⭐⭐


Forgiveness, redemption, and reconciliation. Christi has come to Hope Harbor to ask Jack for a favor, but Jack wants nothing to do with her due to their past. Can Christi prove she has changed? Her life has been in turmoil the last few years and even if Jack doesn't help can she find peace in Hope Harbor?

Jack has a lot thrown at him near the beginning, which is life changing. I was interested to know how he would respond. I found him easy to relate to. There is second storyline following Beth and Steve, who I quickly was rooting for. Their story is sad and they've responded differently to the circumstances. Both possible romances are second chance stories, which isn't a favorite troupe, but I liked these characters and was rooting for things to work out. Once again, Charley provides little bits of wisdom to those around him, and we get glimpses of characters from past books. There is a faith message of God's love for us never wavers, even when we turn from him, he is there for us. I did not like how the story jumped forward in time, I feel like I missed out on seeing the change in feelings happen. Overall, I enjoyed returning to Hope Harbor and spending more time in this community and meeting new people. I was left with questions though.
  
Favourite Quote: 

Reading the Bible is easy. Living it is hard.”

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment