Thursday, March 17, 2022

Review: Hostile Intent by Lynette Eason

Series: Danger Never Sleeps # 4 
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: August 3, 2021
320 pages
About the Book:

Ava Jackson entered the military shortly after high school, but her mother's illness has forced her to request an early discharge. She already lost her father while deployed, and there's no way she's going to let her mother die alone. But after a visit to the nursing facility where her mother lives, Ava is attacked walking back to her car. Fortunately, FBI Special Agent Caden Denning arrives in time to help fight off her attacker.

Caden reveals to Ava that she may hold the key to the murders of three families, and he needs her help before anyone else is harmed. The hits show a pattern, and clearly the killer has an agenda. But if Caden and Ava can't discover what it is, Ava may be next on the hit list.





  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


After getting to know Caden through books 1-3 I was really looking forward to reading his story, but I found I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous ones. While there was the action and suspense I've come to expect from Ms. Eason, I think the plot of having whole families murdered and the CIA/Russia component affected my enjoyment. I also found myself getting a bit confused while trying to keep track of who was who, they were so many characters. I did enjoy that Ava was presented as a strong and smart character and Caden showed respect for her abilities. The build of their relationship was believable because we knew they had grown up together.

At times I felt like I had missed reading something, such as when Ava escapes she makes the comment that she wants to stop and see John before heading home but last she knew he had been injured when Ava was taken and was missing. When had he been found?

What was with the ending? We get a nice wrap-up on the other characters we've followed throughout this series (which I enjoyed) but then we are left with questions of what's next for Ava & Caden. I was not expecting this and did not like it.

Overall I did enjoy this series, this story just left me wanting more.



(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Check out my reviews of other books by this author: 


Collateral Damage - Danger Never Sleeps # 1

Oath of Honor - Blue Justice # 1

Called to Protect - Blue Justice # 2

Code of Valor - Blue Justice # 3

No comments:

Post a Comment