Saturday, March 5, 2022

Review: Finding Love at the Oregon Coast


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Mountain Brook Inc.
Released: July 1, 2017
313 pages
About the Book:
When a wedding is cancelled, three bridesmaids and a runaway bride contemplate the true meaning of love in four related romance novellas.

By Heather Woodhaven--Finding Love in Lincoln City: Liz feels stuck at her little beach magazine until a handsome rival sparks more than just friendly competition.

By Lisa Phillips--Finding Love in Oceanside: Anabeth is looking to get out of her rut when a fender bender and a bizarre date with a former marine leads her to a life of love she could never have imagined.

By Christina Coryell--Finding Love in Cannon Beach: Kadence feels the pressure to write a perfect love song, but an unexpected meeting with a musician will have her living one instead.

By Angela Ruth Strong--Finding Love in Seaside: Christina plans to spend her honeymoon alone, but when the bed and breakfast owner offers her a position as cook, she starts to feel at home in his kitchen…and in his arms.


My Rating & Thoughts:    


This is a collection of 4 novella's written by four different authors that centers arounds 4 friends. 

I enjoyed the prologue and was interested to see where this collection about four friends would take the reader.

Finding Love in Lincoln City by Heather Woodhaven – I enjoyed the reunion of the two friends and each learning that they both had feelings for one another. I could feel their chemistry and enjoyed their interactions. The ending felt satisfying.

Finding Love in Oceanside by Lisa Phillips – While I enjoyed the interactions of the two characters this relationship moved way too fast for me (and that’s coming from someone who dated her husband less than two months before getting engaged.) I could be wrong, but I seem to recall this story takes place over a two-week period. I could have spent more time with these two characters.

Finding Love in Cannon Beach by Christina Coryell – This was my least favourite story of the collection. I struggled to connect both main characters. I felt like I didn’t even know who Kadence was prior to arriving in Cannon Beach.

Finding Love in Seaside by Angela Ruth Strong – This was my favourite of the collection. I really liked how Dave was trying to follow God’s leading and not act on his own feelings. At one point he does try to take matters into his own hands, but once he realizes his error he apologizes and returns to listening for God’s leading. I felt this was a true representation of humans, even though we try to follow God’s leading there are times we are going to fail and instead of dwelling on our failures we need to ask for forgiveness and focus on God’s will. The characters were all enjoyable, Sam and his timing adding humor to the story.

I am not a big fan of novella’s as I don’t feel there is enough depth and development given to the characters so I tried to go into this with an open mind, but I struggled through what should have been lighthearted reading because I didn’t understand the characters and their actions at times. 


(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment