Friday, January 11, 2019

First Line Fridays: Code of Valor


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books.

Today's book is:  Code of Valor by Lynette Eason
 
About the Book:
What Detective Brady St. John really needs is a relaxing vacation. Unfortunately, just as the sun is setting on his second day at a friend's cabin on Lake Henley, he hears a scream and races to rescue a woman from her would-be killer. When the killer escapes only to return to finish the job, Brady vows to utilize all of his many resources to keep her safe--and catch those who would see her dead.
 
Financial crimes investigator Emily Chastain doesn't trust many people. And even though she let the detective who saved her life in on a few pertinent facts about why she was being attacked, there are some things you just don't share with a stranger. Little does she suspect that the secret she is keeping just might get them both killed.

    
FLF - Code of Valor

The first line gives you a little bit of insight into the villian. This is book 3 of the Blue Justice series and just released at the beginning of this month. My review went live last weekend and can be found here. I will tell you there is never a quiet moment for Brady and Emily. I was on the edge of my seat almost the whole time.

Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!

7 comments:

  1. I have a copy of this book impatiently waiting on the TBR shelf. This series is excellent! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I'm sharing the first few lines of Who I Am with You by Robin Lee Hatcher. It's such a good book. I'm just beginning chapter 25, so I will share the first line from there.

    "Feeling elated by his day down in the valley, meeting with a financial advisor and a Realtor, Ridley rapped on Jessica's back door."

    Hope you have a great weekend filled with relaxing reading time. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Happy Friday.

    I shared the first couple of lines from one of my recent reads, The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi, on my blog. I loved this book so much and to celebrate its coming release (January 15) I will be sharing the first couple of lines from its prologue chapter here.

    The matriarch of House Kore was running late for a dinner. In the normal course of things, she did not care for punctuality. Punctuality, with its unseemly whiff of eagerness was for peasants. And she was neither a peasant nor eager to endure a meal with the mongrel heir of House Nyx.

    Hope you enjoy that. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Happy Weekend! My first line is from "Marry Me Katie (Whispers in Wyoming Book 7)" by Lisa Prysock:

    "Flight #753 to Rockport Regional, come in Rockport Regional Airport... repeat... requesting permission to make an emergency landing... repeat... Flight #753 requesting permission to make an emergency landing. Low on fuel."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sharing the first paragraph from a non-fiction book today, Code Name: Lise by Larry Loftis. Here is the line that follows:

    "If his instincts were right, this was a girl who would throw herself headlong into danger."

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate the time to write this post

    ReplyDelete