Sunday, November 18, 2018

Jane Reviews: Wait for Me by Susan May Warren

Series: Montana Rescue # 6
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Revell
Released: Nov. 6, 2018
335 pages
About the Book:
Pete Brooks can't believe he's waited an entire year for Jess Tagg to return to Montana, only to have her break his heart by getting engaged to her ex-fiancΓ©. Worse, a series of mistakes on the job have cost lives, and Pete isn't sure he wants to continue to work in Search and Rescue. Maybe if he can just get over Jess, he can figure out how to move forward.
EMT Jess Tagg has returned to Montana to finally give her heart to Pete, but it seems he's no longer interested. When a terrible fight between them sparks an impulsive decision, she finds herself crashed on the side of a highway along with Esme Shaw. And just when she thinks things couldn't get any worse, she and Esme are taken captive and into the untamed Montana wilderness--with murderous intent.
Now Pete and the other PEAK Rescue Team members are in a race against time, the elements, and the actions of a vengeful man. Pete will have to use everything he's learned to find Jess and Esme--and pray that his past mistakes don't cost him the life of the woman he can't stop loving.

                             Susan May Warren's Website

Wait for Me Quote 1


My Rating & Thoughts:  πŸŒŸ 🌟 πŸŒŸ πŸŒŸ πŸŒŸ   (5 stars)   

This is the sixth book in the Montana Rescue series and wraps up the ongoing story of Pete and Jess. These two have been the will they/won’t they couple throughout the whole series. I couldn’t wait to read this book in hopes that we would see them finally overcome the obstacles and be together.

As much as this book focuses on Jess and Pete’s relationship there is so much more involved. Jess, Shae, and Ned are taken captive and are able to escape but get injured and end up lost in the wilderness. Can they find a way out before it is too late? Who is pursuing them and why? There are so many possibilities of who is after them - is it someone from Jess’s past, or from Shae’s past, or someone else completely? I found myself on the edge of my seat, trying not to bite my nails and hoping they would be found in time by the PEAK team. I cringed each time something bad happened. It felt like just as one danger ended another one began.

Pete and Felipe are forced together while the team searches the wilderness. While I was team Pete I was surprised at how my opinion of Felipe changed over the course of this story. As much as I wanted to keep disliking him I couldn’t. The more I got to know him I find myself liking him and wanting the best for him (just not with Jess).

I loved the inclusion of Ned and Shae’s romance. Both showed strength and determination to confront the challenges in front of them. Ned was the standout hero of the book in my eyes. He may be injured but the way he pressed on and cared for Shae captured my heart. I am pleased with the way the continuing story lines wrapped up. I will miss spending time with the PEAK team in Montana (but I will be able to reread all the books in order anytime I want).


No comments:

Post a Comment