Friday, December 1, 2017

First Line Friday - Week 30


Happy Friday!!!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books. Today I am featuring book 6 of the Worst Detective Ever series by Christy Barritt. This released ealier this week and I had to start it as soon as I received it. Because I couldn't escape my real life completely I am still in the process of reading it but hope to have it finished tonight. My review will be up later this weekend, but I'll tell you now that there have been some nail-biting moments so far.

Today's book is: Flaw Abiding Citizen by Christy Barritt

6 Flaw Abiding Citizen

First line is:
"What exactly do you think you're going to find at this
mysterious and highly questionable address, Joey?"

Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!
 
Hoarding-Books-Icon_thumb_thumb_thum

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today, over on my blog, I am showcasing Cara Putman’s novel, Imperfect Justice. I am so excited to review this book. I have heard so many good things. On my site, I used the first lines from the prologue, so here I will share the first sentence from chapter 1.

    “Emelie Wesley glanced at her watch and frowned.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!

    January 1894
    Denver, CO
    The cheerful tinkle of a bell alerted Grace Mallory to the arrival of a guest.
    - Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover - and a great title. I love Christy Barritt's witty titles!

    I'm sharing from The Last Summer by Brandy Bruce on my blog today. Great book!

    I'm currently reading Out of the Ordinary by the always-witty Jen Turano. Here's the (long) opening line:

    Slipping through the crowd gathered on the upper deck of a most extravagant yacht, Miss Gertrude Cadwalader drew in a breath and adopted an air of what she hoped would be taken for nonchalance.

    With a start like that, I'm expecting another winner!

    ReplyDelete