Monday, November 20, 2017

The Christmas Cowboy by Shanna Hatfield

Series: Rodeo Romance # 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Released: Oct. 16, 2013
376 pages
About the Book:
Flying from city to city in her job as a busy corporate trainer for a successful direct sales company, Kenzie Beckett doesn’t have time for a man. And most certainly not for the handsome cowboy she keeps running into at the airport. Burned twice, she doesn’t trust anyone wearing boots and Wranglers, especially someone as charming and handsome as Tate Morgan.

Among the top saddle bronc riders in the rodeo circuit, easy-going Tate Morgan can handle the toughest horse out there, but trying to handle the beautiful Kenzie Beckett is a completely different story.

As the holiday season approaches, this Christmas Cowboy is going to need more than a little mistletoe to win her heart. 
 
Goodreads / Amazon 
                                                   Shanna Hatfield's Website

My Rating & Thoughts:    🌟 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 ðŸŒŸ   (5 stars)

“I don’t make a habit of becoming friends with people
I randomly meet at the airport.”

I fell in love with Kenzie and Tate almost right from the beginning. Their interactions put a smile on my face almost every time they were together. This story shows the danger of jumping to conclusions and judging someone because of a type. Kenzie has avoided allowing Megan to introduce her to a friend because she has been burnt by cowboys in the past, and has no desire to be set up with one. However when she keeps running into Tate at the airport, they strike up a friendship and begin dating, just when he starts to break down her walls she jumps to conclusions about something she saw and things turn from good to miserable.
 
I just loved Tate, he was the kind of gentleman every girl deserves. There were so many times I smiled at the way he treated Kenzie, he was sweet and a flirt but he is loving, his relationship with his father and best friend showed so much about his personality. Kenzie is career driven but she gives of herself for others and the way she treated Tate’s father was wonderful. Her trust issues come out and she ends up making herself miserable when she won’t listen to anyone. I hurt for Tate when he was hurt (emotionally and then physically). The way the couple overcomes the set back in their relationship was amazing and I loved Kenzie that much more. The second part of their story was wonderful and will definitely put the reader in the Christmas spirit.
 
Ms. Hatfield had me experiencing so many emotions throughout. There was one point where I was holding my breath waiting to find out an outcome and then breathed a sigh of relief when things weren’t as bad as I expecting. The way the story progressed felt realistic. All the characters were interesting and I look forward reading more in the series. I especially can’t wait to get to know Tate’s best friend, Cort better.
 
“If they planned to have any kind of relationship, they really
needed to be together, at least occasionally.”

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed in this review
are my honest opinion and completely my own.)
 
 Other Books in the Series:
2 Wrestlin' Christmas 3 Capturing Christmas 4 Barreling Through Christmas 5 Chasing Christmas

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome! Thank you for reading and reviewing The Christmas Cowboy! Thrilled you enjoyed Tate and Kenzie's story. Best wishes and many thanks!

    ReplyDelete