Friday, April 8, 2022

Review: When Dreams Cross by Terri Blackstock

Series: Second Changes # 2
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Publisher: Zondervan
Released: Jan. 21, 1997
219 pages

About the Book:

Justin Pierce's brainchild, Khaki Kangaroo, is exactly the cartoon theme Andi Sherman needs for her world-class amusement park, Promised Land. In turn, Andi's park is the opportunity that can rocket Justin from obscurity to success. For both of them, spreading the Gospel through their creation is their passion--a shared dream that could cement a powerful partnership. If their shared past hadn't already driven them apart. Now, with construction of the park in its final phase, what begins as an uneasy alliance between the successful businesswoman and the talented animator enters a baptism of fire. Disaster stalks Promised Land--and only by burying their pride can Justin and Andi save everything they've work for from destruction. When Dreams Cross is part of the Second Chances series by award-winning suspense novelist Terri Blackstock. Combining fast-paced reading with realistic characters and situations, Second Chances takes readers to where the conflict between good and evil becomes the proving grounds of faith.




My Rating & Thoughts:    


This story is about two ex’s who reunite 8 years after their breakup to work on together on a project together. Can they put aside their past hurts and make this project a success. Andi Sherman is creating a Bible themed amusement park and hires Justin as an animator to create characters for the park. I enjoyed that Wes and his family from the previous book show up with this one and we get a glimpse of how life has progressed for them. I found Andi and Justin both very stubborn, but really it was Andi that annoyed me the most. She was constantly jumping to conclusions and was hot and cold towards Justin. Events are occurring at the park that threatens the opening of the park, and the characters are trying to figure out why these events are happening. I quickly suspected who was behind what was happening, it felt so obvious to me that it made me feel like added the suspense thread was an after thought. The romance between the characters came across as the central plot of the book.  I really enjoyed the idea of the theme park and would be excited to visit such a park. Overall I was disappointed by this book, but I realize this is one of Terri Blackstock’s earlier works and I have read much better books from her.


(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment