Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Missing Mabel by Nancy Mehl

Series: Curl Up and Dye #1
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Publisher: Barbour Books
Released: July 1, 2010
249 pages
About the Book:

Watch the tangled mess a Kansas hairdresser gets herself into when she reports to the funeral home that the body she is to work on is not the same as in her reference photo. Is she being punished when the director accuses her of stealing a diamond ring? Will Hilde Higgins’s former boyfriend help her unravel the issue or only bring more trouble to her life?












  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


This is definitely a cozy mystery with some quirky characters. Hilde is a hairstylist for funeral homes and is positive one of the dead people she's working on isn't who they say she is. She is told she is wrong but is determine to figure out what is going on. While trying to find answers some strange events occur, making her more curious. Over the course of the story, she gets a boyfriend, makes friends with the old man across the street and is able to have a long needed heartful conversation with her mom in the midst of solving the case. I enjoyed meeting all the various characters and their quirks but I did not like how one moment we are right there with Hilde trying to solve the case and then the next moment is the wrap up explaining how Hilde figured it all out. Some of the explanations given in the summarization came out of nowhere and didn't understand how Hilde came to that conclusion. I am interested in reading the rest of the series though, because I like the romance storyline.

(I borrowed this book from my mom; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment