Thursday, June 23, 2022

Review: Sandhill Dreams by Cara Putman

Series: Cornhusker Dreams #2
Genre: Historical Romance 
Publisher: Whisper Valley
Released: Feb. 7, 2017
176 pages
About the Book:

Lainie has no dreams left. Lainie Gardner dreamed of becoming a nurse. Of serving her country. Of doing something important in the war. But rheumatic fever changed all that, and instead of running home, Lainie is determined to find a job at Fort Robinson in Nebraska's sandhills. Tom Hamilton had dreams, too. Dreams of preparing the horses at Fort Robinson for duty on the warfront. Instead, he is assigned to train war dogs and their handlers, meaning that each day he must face the fear he's had of dogs since he was bitten as a child. Lainie and Tom wonder why God seems to have denied them their dreams. But is it possible new dreams will bring them more joy than they ever imagined?


  




My Rating & Thoughts:    


I found myself bored throughout this story. It felt choppy at times that left me confused about what was going on. After meeting Lainie in Canteen Dreams I was looking forward to reading her story. While I liked that she had the determination to find a way to contribute to the war effort it didn't seem like she really thought things through before acting. I liked Tom's character but didn't feel like we really got to know his story. He feels stuck working as a dog trainer and is not happy with that placement because he has a fear of dogs. Near the end he says he has overcome his fear, umm what happened to help him conquer the fear? Also my kindle version had quite a few spelling errors that really threw me off at times. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment