Saturday, June 4, 2022

Review: Reconstructing Natalie by Laura Jensen Walker

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Released: July 1, 2006
342 pages
About the Book:

Natalie Moore is about to lose what little cleavage she has.

She'll shave her head, leave her church, fall for a man in scrubs, learn to tap, and flash a roomful of women.

A woman wants to know with or without her breasts she is more than the sum of her parts.
 








  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


In this story we follow Natalie, a 27-year-old single girl, through her diagnosis and journey of breast cancer. Natalie is one brave girl, she does exhibit negative feelings about her diagnosis and throughout her journey, but majority of the time her attitude is positive even through the tough times. The community around Natalie felt very realistic in that there are some that can’t handle her situation and hid from her where there are others that are very supportive and are there with her through everything. I really connected with Natalie and cared about what was happening to her, how she was feeling and her humor at times made me laugh out loud. Natalie begins to re-examine her life choices and has the courage to take steps to make changes she feels are needed to make her happier and feel more fulfilled. I was inspired by this and the support of her family and close friends. There are some pop culture references that do date the book however I understood these references, so this didn’t bother me at all. I feel like I was given insight into various challenges those with breast cancer experience that I had never really given much thought to before. I was inspired by the book to be the kind of person the best friends are. 

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment