Monday, March 21, 2022

Review: Lethal Cover-Up by Darlene L. Turner

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Love Inspired
Released: July 27, 2021
224 pages
About the Book:

Some secrets are dangerous…

But uncovering the truth could be deadly.

Border patrol officer Madison Steele knows her sister Leah’s fatal car crash was no accident. Someone’s willing to kill to cover up a pharmaceutical company’s deadly crime of distributing tainted drugs. Now they are after Madison to tie off loose ends. But with her high school sweetheart, Canadian police constable Tucker Reed, at her side, can Madison expose the company’s deadly plan before she becomes the next victim?





  

My Rating & Thoughts:    


Action packed! So much happens from chapter one to the end. Will Madi and Tucker solve the case before its too late? How many people will be injured in the process? I could not put this book down as I needed to know these answers. Early on I suspected who was involved but then something happened that made me question myself and think okay maybe I was wrong. So I set my sights on another character, but then something was discovered that made me think I was wrong again. When it was revealed who the real mastermind was, I realized I should have stuck with my original suspicions and not doubted myself. The character development was well done, I enjoyed getting to know Madi and Tucker and found myself understanding their inner conflict and feelings. I loved the way the story ended. I especially enjoyed that this story is set in Canada, it is so fun to read a story set in my country as there are not that many. 

(I borrowed a copy of this book from a friend; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment