Friday, October 12, 2018

First Line Friday (Week 74): Burden of Proof


Happy Friday!

Welcome to First Line Friday's hosted by Hoarding Books.

Today's book is: Burden of Proof by DiAnn Mills
    
Burden of Proof
First Line:
"Eerie feelings are rarely something to ignore, and hostage negotiator Special Agent April Ramos feared her arrival at a critical scene might be too late."


This week I am featuring a book that just released this past Tuesday. The action starts right from the beginning. April has just ended a rough night on the job goes to get coffee before heading home. All of a sudden she finds herself with a baby shoved into her arms and taken hostage by someone who swears he is innocent. What is going on? I was hooked from the moment I started and felt like I was right there with April trying to figure out who she can trust. I recommend at this one to your TBR list. You can find my review here.
  
Now it's your turn!
Let me know your first line in the comments and then head over
to Hoarding Books to see who else is participating!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading Burden if proof right now!
    I am sharing from Eternity Between Us by Stephenia McGee. I’ll give you the first line from the third chapter:
    The sound intensified, a keening wail that knifed through her very bones and caused them to quiver.
    Great Civil War book!

    ReplyDelete