Friday, August 25, 2017

Frist Line Friday - Week 16


Happy Friday!!!

I couldn't wait to pick up this book as I recently just read books 1 and 2 of the series. I love being able to read series books one right after another while the chracters are still fresh in my mind and I don't have to say goodbye just yet. This series focuses on 3 brothers who are transitioning to life outside of the military. They each get pulled into a mystery and meet a woman who intrigues them, but you will have to read to find out if they get a happy ending. Each story is very different from the others and can be read in any order.

Today's book is: Tangled Webs by Irene Hannon
 
3 Tangled Webs

Prologue
"It was a terrible night to die."

That line definitely hooks you right from the beginning. I just finished this book and my review will be posted Monday (Aug. 28).

7 comments:

  1. That's a great first line!

    I've got the first line from "Will Not See" by Chautona Havig over on my blog today. Since it's the second book in the 'Sight Unseen' series, I thought I would share the first line (or two) from the first book in the series, "None So Blind", here:

    "Her arm stretched out from beneath the covers. Later, she would admit that in that moment her world changed irrevocably."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this series!

    Huge hands ripped at Cole Sanders' shirt and yanked him away from Audrey Vaughn's embrace. Tackling the Fields by Janet Ferguson

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that first line definitely grabs the attention! I have this book somewhere on my shelf.

    I'm featuring "A Name Unknown" by Roseanna M. White on the blog today, but the closest book I have to me right now is "The Writing Desk" by Rachel Hauck.

    "This should by night of triumph. To be queen of her world. An acclaimed, best-selling, award-winning author with the literati bowing at her feet."

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's on my list to read!
    Happy Friday! My first line is from Destitutio by Brett Armstrong, which I am excited to start reading:
    “The grisly, grey swirls churned up before Marcus, a thin mask to the merciless heat.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. :O
    Wow. What a first line!

    That first line!!! Wow...

    This weekend I'm reading Kim Vogel Sawyer's "Bringing Maggie Home." I'm a little over halfway and it's such a GREAT read! Here's the first line:
    Mid-July 1943
    "Hazel set a porcelain cup and saucer on the overturned apple crate in front of her little sister. 'Madam, would you like cream and sugar in your tea?'"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct, that line does hook you! I look forward to reading your review.
    My first line this week is from Vow Unbroken by Caryl McAdoo
    "He took the pinch of cotton Sue offered and rubbed it between his short, pudgy fingers."

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hook! I've never read a book by Hannon. I will have to check her out.

    I'm currently in the middle of reading Rule of Law by Randy Singer. It's not typically a genre (military/legal) I read, but it's so engaging. Here's the first line:

    "They descended like vultures from the C-17 transport plane, silhouettes against a quarter moon in a tar-black sky."

    ReplyDelete