Monday, January 31, 2022

Review: My Hope Next Door by Tammy L. Gray

Series: The Fairfield #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Publisher: Waterfall Press 
Released: Sept. 13, 2016
320 pages

About the Book:

Can love grow in the shadow of a broken past?

Former bad girl Katie Stone can feel the weight of her reputation settle over her as she drives home for the first time in years. Feeling deeply guilty about her past mistakes, Katie wants to do the right thing for once. But the small town where she grew up is not nearly as forgiving as she'd hoped. Despite it all, she's determined to help her parents cope with her mother's recent illness, and Katie finds a surprise ally in the man next door.

Asher Powell never minded being the son of a small-town pastor until a recent breakup leaves him wounded by lifelong members of his church. He remembers his new neighbor as a mean-spirited high school troublemaker, but he senses that her newfound faith and desire for forgiveness are sincere.

Through an unexpected friendship, two people from different worlds find peace, hope, and a second chance they never dreamed was possible.
  

My Rating & Thoughts:    

I loved Asher, the patience, encouragement and love he show to Katie was incredible. He had his own hurts that he was working through but that didn't stop him from putting himself out there are helping Katie. Cooper annoyed me, I just wanted him to leave Katie alone. Hopefully he finally got the message. Both main characters are dealing with overcoming incidents from their pasts, while they come from two very different backgrounds they have a connection. I loved following along as they helped each other heal from past hurts. This story gets into the nitty-gritty of everyday Christian life, showing that no one is perfect and we all have issues we are dealing with, yet it provides hope and encouragement. Overall I liked that the ending gave the reader a sense of hope about the future for Katie and Asher.

I read book 2 of this series a couple years ago (not realizing there was a first one), but after reading this one now I want to go back and read it again now that I know the characters of Katie and Asher better.


Favourite Quote: 
“Faith is a journey. It doesn't have a start and stop date.”

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

Other books from this author that I have reviewed:   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment