Friday, February 25, 2022

Review: Safe in His Arms by Melanie D. Snitker

Series: Life Unexpected # 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Dallionz Media
Released: May 21, 2016
230 pages
About the Book:

When a beautiful woman walks into his diner asking for a job, Joel Ash can't bring himself to say no. The more he gets to know Anna, the more he's convinced she's hiding something. Intrigued and drawn to protect her, he prays he can ensure her safety and guard her heart. Even if it means risking his own in the process. 

Anna Henderson is on the run. In a new town, she wants nothing more than to trust Joel and the family offering her a fresh beginning. She's secured vital evidence that could put her obsessive ex behind bars and out of her life. But without the ability to access it, she'll always be looking over her shoulder.

Worried her past will catch up with her, can Anna ever feel safe in Joel's arms? 
 





 My Rating & Thoughts:    

I enjoyed this story more than I thought it would. I can't really explain why I went into thinking I wouldn't like it, but that's what I was thinking. The story opens with Anna on the run from an ex-boyfriend, arriving in a new town and trying to start over. She needs to find a job and a place to live. She is able to get a job and meets Joel. As these two get to know one another feelings begin to grow, but Anna is hesitant to open up due to past experiences. Joel does not push her but rather shows her he will be there for her no matter what has happened in the past because he likes her because of who she is. I love when a guy is protective but not pushy. Each time I put the book down I kept thinking about it and wondering what was going to happen with Anna. Will her ex find her or can she move forward in her new life? I was really drawn to both Anna and Joel, but also the two friends Brooke and Chess. I now need to get book so I can find out what the future holds for Brooke and Chess.

(I purchased my copy of this book; opinions expressed 
in this review are my honest opinion and completely my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment